African prints are also called Dutch wax or Ankara- Kente depending on where you are. African prints has always been a fabric of elegance close to the heart of Africans, prints are never going to go out of style and a good way to incorporate them into your wardrobe is to use them.
Beautiful and stunning is the presentation of designs by fashion designers from the African diaspora (Nigeria, Capetown, etc.).
The African prints as gone a long way into fashion and there are various ways you can wear them.
NB: feel free to go head to toe if you are really feeling it.
Ways to wear African prints
1. African print up top: Think crop-tops, peplum tops, boxy cuts, even blazers. Just wear a black skirt or a pair of your favourite boyfriend jeans for a quick evening outfit.
2. African print skirts: Pair a flared, mini, midi or maxi skirt in an African print with a solid tee or a button down shirt and you have got yourself a perfect brunch, church or date.
3. African print bottoms: Similar to skirts, pair African printed pants and shorts in cuts that flatter your shape with basic tops for casual wear
4. Jump-suits, Rompers, and coordinate sets: Turn things all the way with a one piece African print jumpsuit or romper for a stellar pant, skirt or short suit.
5. Dresses: The options with dresses are endless as long as you find a good tailor, you can sew a dress in every style imaginable, but the details (frills, patterns, embroidery, etc.) is what makes them stand out from the crowd.
6. Accessorize: If you are hesitant to wear African prints all over, incorporate the style into your accessories with hats, bags, head-wraps, shoes and jewellery fit for a queen.
Hope this was educating. Stay online for the next edition of FASHION BUSTAZ - the good, the bad and the... .
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS
Acknowledgement: Mz Iffie, Mz'Ndowd, HFally and other Coremediah Team members